Former Innospec Regional Sales director Miltiades ("Miltos") Papachristos has been charged with corruption relating to contracts in Indonesia. He appeared before Westminster Magistrates' Court today. The case has been sent to Southwark Crown Court.
At the time of the alleged offending, Miltos Papachristos ("Papachristos") was the Regional Sales Director for the Asia-Pacific region for Innospec (formerly Octel Corporation). Papachristos, aged 48, is a dual national of Greece and of the UK and currently lives in Thessaloniki, Greece. He is charged with one count of conspiracy to corrupt in that he gave or agreed to give corrupt payments to public officials and other agents of the Government of Indonesia as inducements to secure, or as rewards for having secured, contracts from the Government of Indonesia for the supply of Innospec Ltd products including Tetraethyl Lead.
Mr Papachristos, who was granted unconditional bail, will appear next at Southwark Crown Court on 4 April 2012, along with three co-defendants who have already been sent. Announcements concerning Dennis Kerrison, Paul Jennings and Dr David Turner, were made in October 2011 and January 2012, (see notes 3, 4 and 5).
Notes for editors:
- The Serious Fraud Office is a government department responsible for investigating and prosecuting serious and complex fraud. The SFO is headed by the Director (Richard Alderman) who exercises powers under the superintendence of the Attorney General. These powers are derived from the Criminal Justice Act (1987).
- The SFO investigation into Papachristos was assisted by the US Department of Justice, the US Securities & Exchange Commission, the City of London Police and the Cheshire Constabulary.
- SFO press release 25 October 2011 relating to Turner.
- SFO press release 27 October 2011 relating to Kerrison and Jennings.
- SFO press release 17 January 2012 relating to Turner, Jennings and Kerrison.
Serious Fraud Office, Elm House, 10-16 Elm Street,
London, WC1X 0BJ
Press Office tel: 020 7239 7000/7001/7004 or mobile: 0781 807 6688
Main switchboard tel: 020 7239 7272
firstname.lastname@example.org - or via - www.sfo.gov.uk