Five men charged with offences resulting from the SFO’s Solar Energy Savings Limited investigation
29 March, 2017 | News Releases
Five British men, including three former Directors of Solar Energy Savings Limited, have been charged with conspiracy to commit fraud following the Serious Fraud Office’s investigation into Solar Energy Savings Limited, PV Solar Direct Limited and Ultra Energy Global Limited.
Stephen Wilson, Gary McVey, Robert Ross, Niall Hastie and Kenneth Reid all attended police stations in the North of England today and have been charged and bailed to appear at Manchester Magistrates’ Court on the 25 April 2017.
The case concerns the selling of solar panels to customers of Solar Energy Savings Limited, a company formerly based in the North West, and the offer of a “360 Returns Scheme” promising the return of 100% of their purchase monies on maturity. PV Solar Direct Limited and Ultra Energy Global Limited were then also used to generate further sales of solar panels. The suspected fraud is believed to have created many victims, the majority of whom are older people, estimated to have together lost over £13m.
Two further British nationals, Ludovic Black (also known as Victor Black) and David Diaz (also known as David Black and David Stark), are still being sought by the Serious Fraud Office.
Ludovic Black and his brother David Diaz, former Directors of Solar Energy Savings Limited, failed to attend Runcorn and Blacon police stations in Cheshire on Tuesday 28 February 2017.
Both men were last known to have addresses in the Cheshire and Greater Manchester area. Any members of the public who have information relating to the current whereabouts of either man can contact the SFO, in confidence, on 0207 084 4806 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, in complete anonymity, on 0800 555 111 or by using their non-traceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org
Notes to Editors:
- The SFO investigation commenced as a result of information provided to the SFO by Greater Manchester Police. It concerns the companies Solar Energy Savings Limited, PV Solar Direct Limited and Ultra Energy Global Limited.
- Two further suspects remain on bail.
- David Diaz is also known as David Black and David Stark. Ludovic Black is also known as Victor Black.
- Please note that the SFO’s investigation concerns Solar Energy Savings Limited, which had a registered number with Companies House of 07049599. Other companies exist that have similar names but are not part of our investigation.
- The SFO announced the opening of this investigation in December 2014.