Working for the SFO
Do you want to join an organisation dedicated to combatting serious and complex fraud, bribery and corruption?
Our success depends on the performance of our people, so we need highly skilled and motivated staff to help face the challenge of increasingly sophisticated criminals. Our staff include investigators, accountants, lawyers, those skilled in digital forensics, and a variety of support and corporate roles.
Benefits of working for the SFO include:
- Challenging, interesting and varied work
- Ongoing training, including opportunities for personal development and promotion
- An effective appraisal system, in which the employee is fully involved
- A salary structure and reward and recognition package which rewards performance
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 10.5 days public & privilege holiday per year
- Flexible working hours
- A range of family friendly policies, for example paid paternity leave, adoption and enhanced maternity leave (subject to qualifying length of service)
- Access to health care schemes
- Interest free loans for season ticket purchase for permanent staff
- Membership in a Civil Service pension scheme (for permanent employees)
Please see our current vacancies section for the latest opportunities to work for us.
You can also keep informed by registering with the civil service jobs site.
As we recruit through competency-based competitions, we cannot consider CVs sent 'on spec'.
Applications from a diverse range of people, irrespective of race, gender or ethnic origin are positively encouraged.
We recruit by fair and open competition as outlined in the Civil Service Commission Recruitment Principles
The SFO is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and respecting cultural diversity. We aim to develop a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. We are a Stonewall Champion and use the two tick 'positive about disabled' symbol.