Financial Investigator roles in Proceeds of Crime & International Assistance Division
The SFO is looking to recruit two Band C/SEO Senior Financial Investigators and two Band D/HEO Financial Investigators to join the SFO’s Proceeds of Crime & International Assistance Division. For more information about the roles and to apply, please visit Civil Service Jobs.
Do you want to join an organisation dedicated to combatting serious and complex fraud, bribery and corruption?
Our success depends on the performance of our people, so we need highly skilled and motivated staff to help face the challenge of increasingly sophisticated economic criminals. Our staff include investigators, accountants, lawyers, those skilled in digital forensics, and a variety of support and corporate roles.
Benefits of working for the SFO include:
- Challenging, interesting and varied work
- Ongoing training, including opportunities for personal development and promotion
- A salary and benefits package which rewards and recognises performance
- Generous annual leave provision
- Flexible working hours
- A range of family friendly policies, for example paid paternity leave, adoption and enhanced maternity leave (subject to qualifying length of service)
- Interest free loans for season ticket purchase for permanent staff
- Access to a defined benefit pension scheme
- Access to the Rental Deposit Salary Advance Scheme which assists employees in meeting the costs of deposits for privately rented homes
We recruit in accordance with the principle of selection on merit through fair and open competition as outlined in the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles.
Please note that we cannot accept CVs sent “on spec.” SFO posts are advertised through the civil service jobs website. You can register to be informed when suitable opportunities are posted.
The SFO is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and respecting cultural diversity. We aim to develop a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. We are a Stonewall Champion and use the two tick ‘positive about disability’ symbol.
Secondments and interchange opportunities
The SFO is interested in developing a secondment and interchange scheme with employers in the private and other sectors.
We are particularly interested in exchanging accountants, lawyers and other professional staff. If you would like to discuss becoming part of this scheme please contact our central recruitment team.
The SFO employs external counsel for advocacy, advice, and to assist with disclosure and LPP issues.
For advocacy and advice, we have a Queen’s Counsel panel and three panels of junior counsel, categorised according to experience. We have separate panels for Proceeds of Crime work. Our current counsel lists were created in August 2017 following a recruitment competition.
- SFO Prosecution Queen's Counsel and junior counsel list Last Updated: 21 March, 2018
99 KB [PDF]
- SFO Proceeds of Crime Queen's Counsel and junior counsel list Last Updated: 18 April, 2018
72 KB [PDF]
We also use Treasury Counsel.
We liaise directly with chambers to procure the services of disclosure and LPP counsel.
If you are on our counsel list, please contact us if you change your set of chambers, have a query about any of our forms or procedures (for example, invoicing, expense claims, performance monitoring), or are experiencing problems working with our people.
You can also contact us if you have an enquiry about our counsel lists or generally about our use of counsel.