The SFO is conducting a criminal investigation into Afren Plc concerning secret agreements with their joint venture partners in Nigeria arranged by the former CEO Osman Shahenshah and COO Shahid Ullah.
Mr. Shahenshah and Mr. Ullah were both charged with fraud and money laundering offences before Westminster Magistrates Court, on 27 September 2017.
Please be aware that the strict liability rule in the Contempt of Court Act 1981 applies.
- Osman Shahenshah – former Chief Executive Office of Afren Plc
- Shahid Ullah – former Chief Operating Officer of Afren Plc
Mr. Shahenshah and Mr. Ullah have both been charged with the following offences:
- Two counts of fraud by abuse of position, contrary to sections 1 and 4 of the Fraud Act 2006
- One count of money laundering, contrary to section 328 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
- One count of money laundering, contrary to section 329 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.