Update to London Capital and Finance Plc investors – 20 December 2019
Investor in - London Capital and Finance Plc
20 December 2019
Together the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) continue to investigate the actions of London Capital and Finance Plc (LCF).
The FCA is investigating actions relating to the sale of mini-bonds and ISA bonds by LCF. The SFO is investigating the activities of LCF and other associated companies and individuals.
Please understand that this is a current criminal investigation and for legal reasons we may not be able to give you as much information as you would like. We appreciate this can be a frustrating and worrying time for investor victims and hope you understand that cases of this complexity do take time to investigate fully.
The SFO and FCA are committed to victim care. We will continue to update our websites every few months to let you know how this matter is progressing.
In the meantime, please:
- See our websites support information for victim support services and organisations that can provide financial advice.
- Keep safe any relevant material concerning your investment, as this may be required by the investigation teams.
- Be aware that personal data you provide the SFO and FCA in connection with this case will be handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, and may be shared between investigating agencies for law enforcement purposes.
- We do appreciate that there is a support network between fellow investor victims in this case, but please consider the possible dangers of sharing your personal information and experience on public access online platforms. For more information go to – Get Safe Online
- If you have not already done so, please complete the online questionnaires published on the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and the Smith & Williamson websites.
- You can find more information on the investigations into London Capital and Finance Plc on the SFO, FCA, FSCS and Smith and Williamson websites.